FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $10,000 for a bed bug nightmare!!!
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:01 am
der_saeufer

Originally Posted by hotturnip
I'm not sure those are bedbug bites. Did you ever actually see the bugs? The size of the welts suggests an allergic reaction. Could have been something else in the seat that you reacted to. Looks absolutely miserable either way.

If you haven't already, you better be prepared to provide clear evidence of the infestation or substance in the seat to the court. Otherwise, I'd guess you have no case. Cathay is just going to say there's no evidence the seat was responsible.
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Having seen bed bug bites on a friend who spent the night at the Pennsylvania hotel in Manhattan they do look similar to the bites she had. Sorry you went through that.
Those look like an allergic reaction to bedbug bites, to be specific

Most humans have little to no reaction to bedbug bites, which is how they're so easily spread. As many welts as OP has, the last person in OP's seat absolutely got chewed up but was probably one of the majority of people who never know.

I'm allergic to bedbug bites; my wife isn't. I looked like the OP after a night in a rental flat once. She was 20cm away in the same bed and didn't have a mark on her. Doing laundry wasn't how I wanted to spend my vacation.

ETA: and in my case, I caught a couple of them, so there was no doubt...

Last edited by der_saeufer; Jun 24, 2019 at 8:09 am