FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ideas for pre- and post-cruise, traveling solo
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:52 pm
jennj99738

Ideas for pre- and post-cruise, traveling solo

I am travelling by myself to Rome in August for a cruise. I will be arriving in the mid-afternoon on Monday, August 5. The cruise leaves Civitavecchia on Wednesday August 7 and returns on Wednesday, August 14. The ports in Italy are Livorno (for Florence/Pisa), and Naples. I am flying out of Rome on Sunday August 18th.

I am considering staying in Rome from August 5-7 but don't know how, or even whether to, divide my time from the 14th to the 18th. I was considering either staying in Rome (perhaps a night in Vatican City to get to the sites early) and even take the train back to Florence to spend more time there for 3 nights.

Does anyone have advice? Also, I was looking at the Nerva Boutique Hotel in Monti for the first couple days if that's in a good location (close to public transportation from the airport and to travel to Civitavecchia. It's around $120 per night with breakfast or 9 Hotel Cesari or Navona Gallery and Garden Suites. Or perhaps a better choice for around that price point? If you recommend I do travel to Florence, do you have a recommendation for area or hotel there that would be easily accessible to the Uffizi?

Obviously, above all, I want to make sure it's a safe(r) area for a single woman. I'm pretty street smart and am very aware of pickpocketers. Thank you for any advice you experts have!

Jennifer