FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked Domestic Y fare but could choose seat in J class
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:41 pm
yvrcnx

Programs: AC MM
Booked Domestic Y fare but could choose seat in J class

I just booked 2 domestic flights with ANA (HND-HIJ/CTS-NRT).
The flight to Hiroshima is operated by a domestic configured 772 and the Sapporo to Narita by an International configured 787 with the large Business class section, Premium economy and a small economy section in the back - up to row 31.

When I got the seat selection page during the booking process, it allowed me to book business class seats at no additional cost.
Is this a glitch in which case I will probably get a notification to reassign my seats or is this offered because it's an Intl. configured 787 and business is available for certain economy class bookings? It looks like this is just a repositining flight to use the aircraft in between International sectors from Narita.
Fare Basis for both flights was "K" (ANA Discover Japan fare) and I am a star alliance gold, not sure if that mattered since my son is flying with me who will be 18 at the time of travel and has no status.

The ticket confirmation I received from ANA shows seat numbers 9K & 11K - Economy, which is really strange. This is a short flight and I don't mind if we end up getting Economy though it would be a great way to experience ANA's Intl. Business Class product.

Last edited by yvrcnx; Jun 23, 2019 at 6:00 pm