FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed as may need to alter Aeroplan reward flight
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:32 pm
prmetime

Advice needed as may need to alter Aeroplan reward flight

I would appreciate any advice on this subject. We are scheduled to leave for Europe in a few days but may need to cancel due to an immediate family member requiring surgery which I need to be here for. We won't know a surgery date until Monday or Tuesday but if the surgery is scheduled while we were to be in Europe we won't take the trip. There are 2 of us flying premium economy. The outgoing flight was booked using hubby's aeroplan account, and the flights home using mine. We have no Aeroplan status. I believe I have to pay a change fee to change the flights before I can cancel them in order to get my aeroplan points back and any taxes refunded - is this correct? Can I be upfront with Aeroplan so they can help me find new flights (to later cancel as we won't be traveling to these destinations in the near future). Can I change the itinerary to a North American destination within the next year so that I won't be paying both the change and cancellation fees? I'd appreciate any experience with having gone through this process. Thanks.