FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oman visa on arrival for US/UK citizens still?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:28 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You asked. If you prefer to go with the first, misleading, reply; fine.

I can categorically inform you that on my last visit, a month back, the VOA desks were doing brisk business.

Of course things can change from one day to the next. So advice based on my last visit could be misleading

The US and Canadian governments' advice from their embassies in situ could be wrong.

IATA and TIMATIC could be wrong

United States of America (USA) - Oman (OMN) 22 Jun 2019
  • Visa may be obtained on arrival in Oman. Maximum stay of 30 days.

You could look at the US Gov travel site yourself:
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ages/Oman.html

U.S. citizens should apply for tourist visas in advance via the Royal Oman Police E-Visa website. Tourist visas (including 2-year multiple entry visitor visas) are also available upon arrival at airports and land crossings

Or the Canadian government's advise:
https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/oman

Canadians must have a visa to visit Oman. You can obtain and pay for a visa upon arrival at Muscat International Airport. You can also obtain a visa on-line. Obtaining your visa before arriving would allow you to avoid delays.
If there has been any practical interruption in VOA at MCT this year, it’s news to me — at least when it comes to US and Canadian citizens coming to Oman for sub-10 day tourist stays. And the evisa process this year for such tourists has messed up more people whom I know to have visited MCT after flying into MCT than VOA. VOA at MCT is simple and generally fast enough even during the busier hours of the day that I wouldn’t waste my time doing the evisa when VOA is working just fine for the purpose of the trip.

We have used the Omani VOA repeatedly this year — even before and after reports of its demise — so stories of it being dead remind me of stories about Boris Johnson being targeted by a RIRA plot using nerve agents of the sort beloved by Russia.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 23, 2019 at 12:33 pm