FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Mezzocammino Expo - supposed upcoming Rome property?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:31 am
Raidzor338

Not upcoming anymore.

I am about 10 years late to the discussion. I live right next to the hotel, and for all I know it is completely abandoned. In 2009, the building fase of the hotel has been completed. Shortly after, they started refining and basically decorating everything, this included painting walls, installing furniture, electrical equipment, lights and so on. This took a long time, because of some delays in important orders. In 2016, the construction has been halted completely and the property seized by italian government due to tax fraud and improperly acquired land. All the hotel has been locked down and abandoned as it is. I recently went exploring inside, and it was almost complete. They had all the electrical system in place, some rooms were already completed, and they had full networking servers and even wireless routers with internet connection. I don’t know for how long will it stay like this, but they were very close to completion.