FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Large CE Cabins
Thread: Large CE Cabins
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:18 am
Chris9642

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The 1D bit I can explain. Under BA's SOP that seat is the designated seat for cabin crew if they are formally deployed by door 1L and there is no jump seat available or working. The crew need to be in the vicinity of 1D for safety compliance, and 1D is the designated seat for this, then (I think) 1C. That's just the way it is and it's a small risk if you select 1D. It's not clear from your post, but that should have been just for take off and landing.

The rest isn't good. There are union agreements to maximise CE numbers against crew numbers, there's a formula involved. Still I've had first rate 12 row, solo SCCM service from LHR to EDI, she banished the extra staff member to ET, and even did a pre meal drink round on one of BA's shortest sectors. Watching her doing it was astonishing. On the AGP sector I presume there was a second crew member (it's not clear from your post), so I would complain to BA about that, ideally mentioning the missed items of service and spelling out your concerns on the SCCM - it's possible the SCCM has form in the area and that may need management attention.
Agreed I might submit some feedback - I’ve also seen some very speedy / efficient / friendly 12 rows completed a breeze on much shorter sectors. In total 7 cabin crew members were on board and 3 working CE (A321) - the crew member who took 1D was a working crew member - he took the seat for take off but sat in the flight deck for landing.