FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renting car in France, driving to Slovenia
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:37 am
threeoh

Renting car in France, driving to Slovenia

I'm renting a car at the Dollar location at Geneva Airport (French side). I reserved through Kayak. The confirmation email says "Vehicles can be driven into Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Great Britain, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Norway, Sweden, and Finland only."

(1) I want to drive the car into Slovenia. Does anyone know if it's possible to pay a supplement of some kind when picking up the car to allow travel to Slovenia? Or is that list fixed?

(2) If not, are there other rental companies at Geneva Airport that would allow driving to Slovenia? I haven't paid anything for the reservation so I'm open to cancelling and rebooking with another company.

(3) I'm meeting up with someone else in Italy and would like to add her as a driver, is it possible to stop by a Dollar location in Italy and add her (and pay the associated fee)?

I tried calling the Dollar 800 number and it says their system is down and disconnects me. I tried calling the location and the phone number I have for it (on my confirmation email) is disconnected.