FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switzerland Luxury Hotels
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:03 am
BENLEE

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by suziemay
Hello! I'll be in Geneva for one night in September and am looking to have a luxury hotel experience, preferably with a gorgeous view of the beautiful lake. From reading through the posts, it seems like the unanimous conclusion is that Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues is hands down the best option. Given this, which room category guarantees a lake view? Perhaps it's the dates I'm looking, but even the "Four Seasons Junior Suite" indicates that the view is of either "Partial lake views or the city" and it's CHF 1,550, which doesn't sound like much of a guarantee to me. In fact, it's only when I get to the "Suite Mont Blanc" where it actually says "Full Lake Geneva" view and at CHF 3,500 per night which is way over my budget for a one-night stay.

I currently have a reservation at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel de la Paix for a "Lake View King Room with Balcony" for 60,000 points + CHF 350 (cheapest rate prepaid without points is CHF 1,244). Tripadvisor reviews for the lake-front rooms with balcony are overwhelmingly positive all around, so I was thinking I was golden until I came across the reviews here! Would love to make the Four Seasons work if I could get some input on room categories that would guarantee a view of the lake.

Thanks in advance!
If just on views, the Ritz Carlton Geneva has arguably the better view as it is more upfront.