FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Air China route PEK-NCE
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:16 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Deltus
I thought it could be a good ex-EU option for August when ex-LHR prices are £1k in Y, but not sure that's going to work...
To be honest, regardless of timing, I'd be extremely surprised if it were - CA are opening the route for a reason: the Cote d'Azur is packed with Chinese tourists, especially in the summer and I suspect that in peak summer season, the flights will be packed and cost an absolute fortune, likely more than to/from London! As though it were not popular enough, Xi Jinping chose to come to Nice for his personal holiday weekend after his Spring official trips to Europe and images of the Presidential couple enjoying the lavender blue skies of the historic Cote d'Azur apparently copiously made it to tv news, and one of the most popular Chinese actors is married to a lady from Nice and explained in various recent interviews that they come here for their holiday every year to see his wife's family and enjoy the area/ Some companies are also selling group weddings to the area.

In short, I wouldn't hold my breath about cheap fares in high season. Low season (e.g. November and January) may prove more alluring cost-wise.

Last edited by orbitmic; Jun 21, 2019 at 3:42 pm