FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:34 am
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Presguy
I seems like, for a fraction of the price of Delta One or AA Flagship, you can still get most of the hard product (a lay flat seat), and a decent expereince for a redeye.
As EWR764 mentioned, the pricing of the majors on LAX-NYC is identical, and AA/DL/B6 also offer lie-flat seats. If you see UA as a "fraction of the price" that's a quirk of the inventory (number of seats left) on your particular date, and feel free to pick UA for the savings

Originally Posted by Presguy
Is my assessment right? I could book a redeye in a true,international first class cabin - even absent frist class amenities, at a signifact savings, just to get the better seat?
Yes, you get a true international first business class cabin, although note that the UA 772s on the route are usually the 77G which has the last-generation 2-4-2 IPTE seat in Business, plus lounge access at both sides (United Club, not Polaris).