FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status upgrade to Diamond
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:17 am
synthkeys

Programs: CX MPC DM
@OP, Last year I was in a similar situation as you with even less points. My year was up in November, I had 985 CP and no further bookings but intention to travel LH, NYC-HKG in December and January. There was a hitch last summer with some company restructuring with no travel so I missed at least 1 trip. I had originally planned to be at 1135 CP by year end,

I called an asked for an extension before the end of November. They gave me 3 months to make 215 CP by the end of February and to call in once I reached that total. My CP reset back to 0 and my status stayed GO after November so I missed the 1000 CP mid-tier upgrade but by mid January, I had the required points. I called into MPC and they upgraded me to DM later that day with my year ending in January and points reset back to 0.

Sitting at 1070 its a tough call to hope the MPC gods bump you up or to ask for extension but I think they'd definitely grant the extension especially if you have future bookings. In my case I had no actual bookings, but my consistent travel pattern definitely shows me making up the required points.