FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't book chase free night due to min stay requirement
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:40 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by terpfan101
I am looking to book a 4 night stay at a property. Would be using points for some nights and IHG Chase free night certificates for some nights. If I book all 4 at once with points, no problem, there's space. However if I try to redeem a Chase certificate (or points) for the final two nights one night at a time it says no rooms available (for cash as well). Since I need to do this 1 night at at time for Chase certificate, that causes an issue. Has anybody been able to get the customer support to be able to book this all at once?
IHG helpdesk/cust-servicdes can't help in these situations.

The minimum nights per stay is an individual hotels call. Either an in demand week/occaision locally, or something like very few Fri or Sat nights left, so to avoid losing multinight bookings will only sell as multinight slots. Most hotels do this when necessary.

Also the fact a night can be booked on pints as award night, does not mean a CC night is thus bookable. So even if you could book a single night with points, no guarantee that points night is also available under a freenight cert.

CC/IHG Cert nights simply come out of the 5% award-night/points pool , but only as a limited number of nights subset of those 5% award rooms.