View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 19, 9:49 pm
flyme2

I wouldn't consider the Waldorf to be the best hotel in the city. While service is exemplary, and the FHR recognition is excellent, there are some things that miss the target. F&B is weak. Brio is open only for breakfast, and they will soon be downsizing the restaurant space to create meeting rooms in an effort to boost revenue that Brio has not been able to provide. The junior suites, while attractively decorated, are smaller than their counterparts at the Hilton, and have no views to speak of. The condo units are larger, and the higher units can have a slightly better overall view of the cityscape. There is also a prevailing odour of mold and mildew that wafts through the public areas that is decidedly unpleasant. Thankfully, it does not make its way into the rooms, at least not those that I've occupied. There is no Executive Lounge, as at the Hilton. I do not like the small pool. It's much the same layout as at Le Meridien, but its sickly green colour and lack of views make it decidedly unappealing to me. The Hilton pool is larger and the deck area is far superior, and has views overlooking the sea. I wouldn't regard the Hilton as a contender for the best, and the JW seems to still be having teething issues since rebranding from Bahia and Trump. I've never stayed at the Bristol, but friends who did regarded it quite swell. The Bristol participates in Virtuoso at a slightly higher premium to the Waldorf, either with Virtuoso or FHR.