FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Four Seasons the best choice in Chiang Mai?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:00 pm
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Thank you. Can you elaborate on why you don't like 137? Thx.
It’s hard for me to elaborate on that while being nice. Suffice it to say it is not where I would choose to stay. Its one redeeming feature is the historical house which houses the decidedly mediocre restaurant. Basically some rather colorful words I could use to describe my disappointment come to mind...

The top category pool suites are quite nice, but considering that for the same price I can have Dhara Dhevi, I find it unlikely that I will ever return.

Anantara really is lovely. It does not have detached villas, but its sense of space and tranquility is really very relaxing. It was built as the Chedi around the former British consulate, and has a lovely riverside location. Both Dhara Dhevi and Anantara are urban resorts, basically, but the former is more resort like with really stunning grounds. The latter is a lovely, relaxing hotel, but at any time you can step outside and explore the city by foot or take a car or took took to get around easily.

Some of the villas at Dhara Dhevi are truly exceptional. Of course the Royal villa and the Mandalay themed Burmese signature villa are exquisite. The Lanna style pool villas, or any category really, will be very nice as well.

Some people lament the reflagging of both The Chedi and Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, but I think the sheer quality and beauty of both properties still remain brilliant. And they continue to have very good staff and management as well.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jun 20, 2019 at 8:15 pm