FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Condor / Thomas Cook - Schengen Denied Entry in FRA
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:35 pm
JamesKidd

Originally Posted by jpschoubert
OK here goes...Don't have all the details, but will try to summarize best I can. Summary question, does Condor/Thomas Cook bare any of the responsibility since they ask for the info?

Daughter's college roommate & her mom bought a trip top Santorini through TC. Provided all passport info, including exp date to the agency. They were subsequently denied passage in FRA as they had a day layover. When they were going to leave the airport for the day, they were detained, asked to pay a fee and put back on a flight back to the US the next day (condor charged them a change fee!). The daughter's passport expired in 3 months, and even though she was in Holland a few weeks prior, as per Schengen it has to be a 6-month expiry. To make it worse, not only did they lose their $10k on the trip but had to sleep in the terminal. The German customs officer told them they see up to 20 a day (seems high) and its very routine for them to send people back. I realize the airline gets a hefty fine, but does the agency not carry any responsibility?
Thanks for any insight I can relay.
​​​​​​Probably fair to assume you don't have the correct information. US citizens require 90 days from the day of entry.

I'm guessing when she was in Holland her passport had 90 days left on it and when she went to Frankfurt, the validity was less than 90 days.