FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deterioration of treatment of elites during irregular operations?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:32 pm
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I've been lucky avoiding irrops for the most part, but the last couple of times it happened I was able to use the AA app to choose a satisfying rebook option literally seconds after the flight was cancelled (and even then, I find it easy to keep rechecking and switching to a better option). I don't see much need in talking to an agent, at the airport nor on the phone, but the AC angels are my backup.... Of course, my domestic mostly flying through DFW to another hub or major city lends itself easily to many options, so maybe the rebooking app just works in my case (or does nobody else even try to use it?)

My gripe with AA is the rolling delays. They hold you at the gate for hours with rolling delays for a flight that often just gets cancelled. Their entire logistics of getting a plane+complete crew during irrops seems to be nothing more than hopeful thoughts and prayers.