FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:04 pm
gmt4

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
What is "connections security"? Do all arrivals automatically get funneled landside? Like I said, I'm just looking for a shower and light breakfast so I figured before going through customs I could walk from my arrivals gate to the AC directly....I've never been through LHR, but it sounds like that isn't possible without re-clearing security? My other option (since I also have Priority Pass) is to walk over to terminal 2 and use the Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge.
At LHR there is security screening when changing between terminals. Inter-terminal transfers are separate from arrival customs and baggage claim. Terminals are all geographically separated and not connected airside. You follow the purple colored transfer signs and they led you to transfer busses, then on to the next terminal you need - 2,3,4,5. I suppose you could go all the way out through passport control and immigration then back around though the departures hall of the terminal you need but that's pointless to do.