FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Odd WTP Service on 787
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:21 am
amanx

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by pythonisman
My understanding is the crew do a drinks service pre-meal which is meant to last you for your meal.

When we asked for a drink flying WTP, we were given double what we asked for I assume to 'make it last'.

The crew who serve WTP then man trolleys in WT and run the full service in that cabin, which is likely why you didn't get a response to your call bell when you wanted a drink - not sure if they came afterward (probably long after you were done) once they'd finished in WT.

I don't fly in Y+ very much and have only done it maybe twice before, but that time (with Virgin Australia) it felt more like the crew were dedicated to the premium economy cabin and that meals were served from a galley nearby, whereas my recent experience with BA it felt a bit weird.
Not the case. i fly WT+ long haul around twice per year for a number of years. It is pre take off drink, then drinks service then dinner service via trolley and wine on top of trolley. Lots get cocktails for their first drink- you arent going to drink that with your meal.