View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 19, 10:22 am
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
However that does require for you to be into Accor. Personally I do stay with them a few times per year at the lower end properties (Ibis, Novotel) but can't say that I have been very impressed for their price. The Sofitel hotels I've tried were good..but generally a bit out of budget.
Novotel and Ibis tend to be middle to lower range properties (broadly equivalent to Doubletree to Hampton Inn in Hilton, lower end Crowne Plazas/Midrange Holiday Inns to Holiday Inn Express with IHG, etc...) and, IME, are generally priced in line with that. Their quality varies considerably depending on region: usually more at the spartan/functional end of the range in France, often a smidgeon better elsewhere in Europe, noticeably better in Asia. But, yes, these are not what could be called "aspirational" properties.

Even if you stay rather rarely in them, it should still work. For every €10000 that you spend on AFKL flights, you will get €100 to spend at Accor properties. I would have thought that would fit very occasional Accor stayers like you reasonably well (unless your employer always pays for your Accor stays, in which case this would indeed not be of much use).