FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Agent Price Increase A380
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:33 pm
Efrem
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Gina Zivkovic
2 weeks ago I had reserved a flight with an agent flying Etihad Syd to Paris First Class on the A380. I went to pay for the flight and he has now increased the price by $3000 ...
Welcome to FT, Gina!

This suggests you didn't pay for the flight when you "reserved" it. If you didn't pay, no TA will hold a "yes, I think I want that flight" request for two weeks. They only way they can do that is to pay the airline. That would mean (a) tying up their money until you feel like paying, in this case two weeks later but they can't be sure it will be that soon; and (b) could leave them on the hook for the $3,000 if you change your mind. The only way to be sure of getting a fare you like is to buy it when you see it, or in the U.S.to put it on hold for 24 hours and to buy it within that period. If you can't do that for any reason, such as uncertainty about the need for this trip, you run the risk of the fare not being available when you eventually can. Sorry, but that's the airline business. You can sometimes avoid the problem by buying a refundable fare, but refundable fares tend not to be very attractive (and are usually available until the flight leaves).