FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta consider to orders A321XLR?
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:57 pm
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Duke787
Nonsense about the MAX?? Two planes went down and then it comes out that Boeing has been cutting corners, the FAA is asleep at the wheel, and pilots don't know what's on their plane?

Yeah -- don't think this one is going to blow over -- and I think DL pilots may "care about the MCAS issue" that brought down two planes.

Worst of all MAX has some seriously bad brand equity at the moment -- to the point where UA and WN have publicly stated they'll let passengers switch away from 737 MAX flights at no charge.

I doubt DL would touch them if Boeing gave them away for free (I'm frankly shocked IAG bought them, Boeing must have really given them away for pennies) -- the negative brand impact is too high
Of course. I am not excusing Boeing. They royally screwed up. Over three hundred people died because of it. This is a big deal.

But time is powerful. The MAX will have a long, successful service life. And Boeing and the US aviation regulatory apparatus will be forced into taking this as a wake-up call and continue to improve aviation safety both within the US and globally.

The MD-88 survived the jackscrew issues. The A320 survived a crash during demonstration. The 737-300 survived the rudder issues. And so on.

It is not unlikely that at some point, Delta will acquire some 737 MAX. It may not happen in the next couple of years.