FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale, France [Master Thread]
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:39 pm
360guy

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Had a four night stay at the end of May. No Executive Lounge, Platinums and above given one free drink (up to $14USD) nightly/daily at the on-site bar. Breakfast was average; cooked to order eggs if you want them. The room I had (508) was large enough and overlooked the river, there was also a nice balcony. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel with several lines that take you into the historic or city center (you can purchase single-ride tickets from the driver). Overall, a nice stay, but not much of a choice if you're looking for Marriott properties, it's the only one in Lyon.
In 2015 I booked a 7 night stay when the hotel was Hilton. The week I stayed, the hotel was rebranded a Marriott. Hilton/Marriott honored the reservation and Marriott even honored my Hilton Diamond status. They upgraded us to a great suite with Lounge access. I am sorry to see that the lounge is closed. It was an outstanding lounge.As was stated above, the hotel is in a great location.

Last edited by 360guy; Jun 18, 2019 at 2:41 pm Reason: spelling error