FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:26 pm
jimcoddington

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Are you sure it is based on anniversary date?

It’s very important to recognize that an anniversary (or reward) year is NOT the same as a calendar year. An anniversary year is generally defined as every twelve-month period starting with your account opening date. For example, my anniversary year is August through August, whereas the calendar year is usually January 1 to December 31.

I just had the following chat with AmEx:

AmEx: “I have checked the terms about resort credit. It says “During each year of Card Membership, Card Members are eligible to receive statement credits of up to $250 in total on their Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card Account for any eligible purchases with their Card made directly at a participating Resorts in the Hilton portfolio. A statement credit will automatically be applied to the account approximately 8-12 weeks after the Hilton Resort charges are posted”

me: “So that means the $250 Hilton Resort credit can be applied any time during the year?”

AmEx: “Absolutely Correct. Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card for the benefit to apply. Card Members receive up to $250 back as a statement credit(s) for eligible purchases made directly with the resort property, including room rates and incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) Incidental charges must be charged to the hotel room and paid for with the Hilton Honors Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases.”

So what is it, calendar year or anniversary year?