FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 MAX 8 crashes and effects on AA 737 MAX 8s (NOT reaccommodation)
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:48 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
IAG (BA, EI, IB, etc.) has just announced an order for 200 Boeing 737 MAX 8,9 and 10 at the Paris Air Show.

CEO Willie Walsh, who flew Boeing 737s fifteen years, stated his confidence in the revised MAX aircraft.

”We’re very pleased to sign this letter of intent with Boeing and are certain that these aircraft will be a great addition to IAG’s short-haul fleet,” said Willie Walsh, the IAG Chief Executive who placed hope into the 737 MAX program, which is struggling through the worst time in Boeing’s history.

“We have every confidence in Boeing and expect that the aircraft will make a successful return to service in the coming months having received approval from the regulators”, he added.

Commenting on the Manoeuvring Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS), the system that caused the two aircraft to crash, Walsh, who is a Boeing 737 rated pilot, offered confidence even into this system.

“I have been in a flight simulator and seen MCAS in operation. It gave me confidence in the aircraft. Its important regulators have time to consider changes. I am confident in Boeing and what they have proposed with the Boeing 737 MAX”.

- Willie Walsh, quoted in Airways Magazine today link
Also IAG signs LOI for 200 Boeing MAX 8-10 @ Paris PAS19