FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air Sinbad questions
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:17 am
Fly_IAD
Suspended

Originally Posted by subject2load
There is certainly signage but to be honest I wouldn’t worry too much about you / your driver positioning yourselves in the right lane at the terminal.

The thing is this : there is no actual vetting procedure as to whether or not those entering the premium lane (which is slightly closer to the terminal entrance) are actually entitled to do so. This means that some vehicles using it should very likely not be there - whether by genuine accident or design ! A queue can build whilst copious amounts of luggage are unloaded (and overly-long farewell conversations take place......). If you see in advance that the ‘normal’ lane is reasonably clear, you might as well just use it, because all that is then required is to just walk across the adjacent premium lane and access the terminal (you would ‘lose’, at worst, no more than around one minute).

Once inside the airport, I would say that the ‘premium check-in area’ and related privileges are seemingly respected.

Have a good trip, safe travels ^
This is great information- thank you. Relatedly, has the initial quality of the Oman Air business Lounge sustained? I used the new terminal lounge once right after opening. I see some comment in a blog post that mention a terrace and Shisha available and an upstairs that’s open now, is any of that even accurate? Other posts seem to indicate that no such thing exists notably a Shisha Lounge within the Lounge and that the upstairs in blocked off?