FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Club membership now $650 effective 8/13/19
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:31 pm
Gig103

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by spin88
What a joke. I have an Amex PLT card, SO has one too, the AMEX lounges are far, far, far better than UA's lounges, are in most of the airports I frequently, and as long as I fly AS or DL, I can use my AMEX card to access the lounges on them (or internationally) as well. Costs me $550 x2, and I get a great credit card to boot. @:-)

The package UA is offering is just inferior, to go with an inferior lounge. These kinds of things just make UA non-competitive. Faced with flying AS the other day (lounge access) vs. UA (no lounge access) guess who I flew....
Yeah but you're posting in a united forum and not all of their airports have Centurion lounges. And Amex entry dragons aren't going to (easily, if at all) help during IROPS. It isn't apples to apples, and nor is it confirmed the CC will go up. Maybe this United makes enough sharing revenue with Chase to keep that at the current annual fee - I'm pretty sure that happened with AA and Citi (or maybe it was that Citi allows multiple free cardholders vs. a family account).