FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does RJ181 KUL-BKK provide biz fast track at BKK?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:24 pm
Rami Tamimi

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerby
I’m going to go AMM-BKK and then BKK-KUL on the same a/c but on separate tickets. I guess, I’ll have to find a way to scan my boarding pass for BKK-KUL, probably by going in BKK out of the a/c, one floor up and then going down again to the flight’s waiting hall.
I did almost the same once (HKG-BKK-AMM). HKG agents took the initiative to "merge" the two sectors and issue a single BP and check the bag in. It required a lot of calls and waiting, but worked out at the end. Not sure if they will do that in AMM. Alternatively, try and ask the BKK staff if they mark you as "boarded".

If nothing works, I think you can still manage to transit in the traditional way. Make sure you sit as close to the front as possible because they check BPs as you leave the jetbridge in BKK (to make sure you are not supposed to continue onwards on this flight) and many people lose their BPs, which means they have to be found manually on the list. This can take a few minutes.