FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul-Searching on SQ/TG Business & Economy
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:00 am
ycp81

Some plane spotting on the way to the gate, including OZ A333, Jin Air B772 and others.

A look at the seat before disembarkation.

Disembarking into the terminal.

I will have to say that I am not a very big fan of the SQ B787-10 economy seats. Even though the seat has all the bells and whistles, it is compromised in seat width due to the narrower cabin with 3-3-3 configuration, though I cannot fault SQ as almost all other airlines have configured their B787s similarly. Did not sit at the normal rows so could not comment. Service was fine as per SQ, but catering was quite woeful, easily one of the worst inflight meals I have had on any full-service carrier. Not only the quantity was lacking, the quality was poor as well, at least for the choice I had. No wonder I noticed there were plenty more orders for instant noodles by other passengers after the breakfast service.

Caught a sight of an OZ B744 while on the way to immigration.

A bit of wait to clear immigration due to the morning peak arrivals and we were into the arrival hall after baggage was claimed.

As it was still too early for hotel check-in, and our hotel strictly does not allow early check-in, we booked at room at the landside Darakhyu Capsule Hotel for a nap for 4hrs. It was badly needed after the gruelling red-eye in economy. The capsule room, located within the transportation center across from the terminal building, was well equipped with a comfortable bed and basic amenities, including a shower. Rates were also very affordable.

After the short nap and feeling more refreshed, checked out of the hotel and had a bite at Twosome Café nearby. It is a popular dessert and coffee chain throughout Seoul, and they have a few outlets within Incheon Airport as well.

Last edited by ycp81; Jun 17, 2019 at 9:55 am