FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:09 am
DaveMidknight

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by bjm5
I received a email from the hotel today which is contradicting to my approved BRG claim. Can I ignore the email since my reservation was already modified by BRG team and shows the discounted rate? Someone at insider.marriott.com suggested I submit a support request there, but I hope I don't have to deal with that hassle.

My claim was denied the first round because the rate disappeared when BRG agent checked. It came back up after a few hours, so I replied to the denial email to contest, and it went through the 2nd time. I was wondering if my email reply went to the hotel that caused the confusion, but the reply was only addressed to [email protected]. It's confusing why the hotel would send such email to me directly, and made some nonsense suggestions. If I do what they suggested, I will be paying 25% more than my confirmed rate and losing my platinum elite benefits.

Email from hotel

Email from BRG
I think that if your reservation was already updated by the BRG agent, your rate is safe. I am guessing, from the email the hotel send you, that the Front Office supervisor has no clue how a BRG claim works or that the program even exist.

Sometimes a hotel has also send me an email after an approved claim, but normally they just reconfirm the approved rate (not always in a friendly way). But I never had any problems paying the approved rate at the hotel.