FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Shut Downs & Credit-Card Account Closures: Data, Tales & Speculation 2019-on
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:06 pm
AZflippinbro

Banned from Chase not sure what banned me

Well unfortunately my most liked bank doesn’t like me in the same way now. Went to get an uber last week to find that my chase reserve card didn’t work. Been with chase since 2013. Credit cards even further back. Credit score 800 plus. Had chase reserve, 2 chase ink cards, and southwest personal card. And many others over the last 15 years or so that we’re closed out by me. Also had my business bank account there and a personal bank account there for similar time frame. My business is reselling electronics. Recently started getting some fairly larger ACH transfers into my business bank account from a new vendor. But also recently started upping my EBay gift card purchases from staples.com. Probably 10 to 15k per month for last few months. Was trying to max out both cards for the 250k chase points. Chase reserve card just used for normal personal expenses around $1000 to $2000 a month. Letter just states they are closing my personal and business bank accounts. The other letter for the credit cards states they are closing them because their affiliate is ending their relationship with me. I’m confused if the gift cards purchasing is what got me banned... been doing that for last 2 to 4 years now but recently stepped it up to max them out. Or if it’s the banking side of things they concerned about BSA or AML or is it combination of both? Banking side never have cash transactions, deposits from PayPal and Amazon and some outgoing wires and payments to credit cards. Gonna have to try to figure out what life will be like without chase in my life... very sad as I won’t be able to get the southwest companion pass in the future now.

Last edited by AZflippinbro; Jun 16, 2019 at 11:13 pm