FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best LH longhaul Business class
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:49 pm
txaggiemiles

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MichielR
Seats and just about everything else are all the same. Pick the most convenient times and best connecting airports, and then go for the longest flight eastbound to maximize sleep, unless you are very keen on flying an aircraft that won’t be around much longer (B744) or is only flown by a handful of airlines (B748).

You can always try and mix LH westbound and UA eastbound, as the Polaris seat is better than LH’s, but the downside is of course that it’s UA...

That is basically what I was doing. Taking UA 777 direct IAH > FRA then connecting to AMS (this is preferable IMO to the direct to AMS which leaves stupid early at 4pm or connecting in EWR and having too short an EB flight). The 777 will have about a 50% chance of the new polaris seat but I am perfectly happy in bulkhead, row 8 of the second cabin even if not a converted plane, UA service notwithstanding.

Mainly it is the flight home where I had all these options on planes I don't normally get to try (I am a UA captive). Thank you for your feedback.