FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help on figuring out what to do with my time (how long in each place?)
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:08 pm
rebelx

Originally Posted by sydunipete
My first trip to Italy was 5 weeks and I only scratched the surface of some of the major tourist sites. I sounds like you would enjoy tourist centres so stick with some of the major ones.

Venezia - a couple of days is enough
Firenze - is an amazing city with fantastic art and major sites. From Firenze you can visit the major tourist sites of Tuscany. Take a bus day tour to San Gimignano, Sienna and Pisa. Your Instagram will love you.
Roma - is a busy city with a lot to see and day trips to Orvieto, Frascati or even Amalfi Coast will give you many great memories.

I would stick with these major cities and regions. You can include Amalfi Coast which is spectacular and easily accessible with a 2 or 3 day bus tour from Roma.

Trains are excellent (there is no need to drive) and many of the sites I mention are accessible by tourist bus tours which are not as bad as they sound.
Thanks!

This is what I have so far:

aug 29 - (arrive in morning) venice
aug 30 - venice
aug 31 - venice/florence [meaning, this is a travel day to florence, but undecided on which time of day to make the journey to florence]
sept 1 - florence (pisa day trip) (this could also be the 13hr tour I saw of pisa + cinque terra in one day--if I do this, I get an extra full day in florence)
sept 2 - florence (cinque terre day trip)
sept 3 - florence
sept 4 - ? (bologna?) (this could also be another day in Florence, especially if I have to take day trips on two separate days)
sept 5 - ? (bologna? + day trip)
sept 6 - ? (bologna?
sept 7 - ? (bologna?)
sept 8 - ? [partial travel day to naples, OR travel day to naples very early in the morning on the 8th]
sept 9 - naples
sept 10 - naples (mt vesuvious/pompeii day trip)
sept 11 - positano
sept 12 - positano/rome [travel to rome day probably in the afternoon, so i can get one more morning in positano] (is this too short in positano? maybe I can add a day and do a day trip water tour thing to amalfi?)
sept 13 - rome
sept 14 - rome [vatican]
sept 15 - rome
sept 16 - rome
sept 17 - rome fly out [flying out is in the early morning, no exploration on this day]

Definitely agree with your comments about instagram, lol. I like taking pictures!