FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Buenos Aires {ARG}
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:00 am
MP001

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've been to Buenos Aires quite a few times.

Uber worked well enough last week at EZE. OK, it's relative - I had to go over to Terminal C. I reckon it's a case of YMMV. But the driver I got was perfectly happy with the credit card reservation, and the drive - including tolls - was less than AEP700.

Taxi Ezeiza takes credit cards AEP1290. Cars can be shabby.

Booking and paying for Tienda Leone remise by credit card at the airport took only a couple of minutes. Drivers were waiting. New car, helpful driver: but it's pricey at almost AEP1600. Even these divers will try to avoid confrontation with regular taxi drivers by not dropping you off by the hotel doors.

The Tienda Leone bus (AEP400) is fine, but best if you are staying close to the terminal, and only if you are relaxed about time. The Hilton is easy walking distance if you are not encumbered by lots of luggage: so is the Hoiday Inn Express.
There's an onward transfer service from the terminal to other hotels, but there can be a considerable wait time. Taxis are available of course, and fares are very low within the city.

Back to the airport I took Uber. Kind of easy from the Hilton, but if you are staying in the centre you'll have to agree a designated pick-up spot just outside the centre (private cars need a permit to enter those streets).

On all journeys back to the airport, be aware that drivers might try to avoid tolls. This is particularly the case on fixed fare trips (eg Taxi Ezeiza), where "accidents on the toll road" are the excuse.

But really, the Hilton is a terrible disappointment. The big brands are badly represented in Buenos Aires. The Hilton's rooms are old, and getting decidedly shabby. Executive rooms are, of course, no different to regular rooms, just as shabby as the rest. And there'll be no fruit in your room, no coffee machine, no drinks in the mini-bar, no glasses for drinks and there'll be paper cups for making tea. It isn't in anyway the luxury hotel it self-promotes.

Of those big brands, the IC is about the best of a not very impressive bunch.
:@IAN-UK Thanks for your feedback; you does not sound very positive on this hotel. Any feedback about the breakfast? I'll be in Buenos Aires in September and choosing between the Hilton and the Curio