FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lauda any good?
Thread: Lauda any good?
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:17 am
hugolover
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Laudamotion are really quite good and in my opinion quite different to FR. Here's my short view.

Firstly, the cabins are configured in a more premium way, I say premium because apparently BArb's LHR configuration vs LGW is more premium, because it has a bulkhead in Row 1 left side at LHR and not at LGW. Lauda have that too, so I'd say it's the same premium cabin as BArb at LHR which is a lot better than FR and EZY.

The crews do not make lots of announcements. There's not a big push to sell like on FR.

In VIE they use air bridges, which maybe is a VIE thing, but thats good.

I've had 6 flights and all arrived on-time.

I personally prefer Airbus 320 to Boeing 737, so that's a bonus.

On KRK-VIE they're head to head with OS who operate twice daily with a crappy Dash at ludicrous fares. Cabin comfort obviously a lot higher than OS. It's a revolution for VIE customers. So your main difference is a higher cabin baggage allowance than OS on a priority ticket, a cabin bag that can go in the plane. But a drink with apple/snack bar on OS.

VIE priority pass lounges not much different to OS SEN/FTL. Very similar poor Do&Co food and drinks. Hot and stuffy lounges like OS, few power sockets like OS.