FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul-Searching on SQ/TG Business & Economy
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:27 am
ycp81

A round of peas and crackers, and drinks from trays were offered, then it was lights off for the night. Though there were quite a few passengers requesting for instant noodles upon realising only breakfast would be served before landing.

Got a bit of disturbed sleep over the next 3 hours until cabin lights were turned back on 2.5 hrs before arrival and hot towels offered. Felt that it was a bit early but guess that is the SOP for SQ.

Taking a look at the menu. Breakfast choices were a Vegetable frittata or Korean-style fish with rice.

Menu for the return ICN-SIN sector.

Breakfast tray, which included fruits, warm roll with butter and preserve, coffee and a juice. I went for the fish with rice. More cost-cutting noted. No more salt/pepper/sugar sachets in the cutlery pack. These were only provided on demand from the meal cart, and the crew did not proactively offer them as well, so no sugar with my coffee....Guess SQ crew are still not used to offering sugar with hot beverages in economy....

To be honest, the fish with rice was bad... Just some tasteless fried fish covered with a hint-of-spice sauce, along with tasteless vegetables nad steamed rice. Only something which I would eat if I am on the verge of starvation. Very poor! Should have went for the frittata instead as it looked better than this.

My friend pre-ordered the Hindu meal, which is much more substantial and delicious. It was a pratha bread with minced mutton. At least there was an additional yoghurt as well.

Sun started rising.

Caught some IFE.