FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA460 [LHR - MAD] Club - Flub (777)
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:52 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by george77300
I (only Silver) can see Row 4 only. But 8 abreast like the business. Is this a map of both Rows 3-4 or something? Will seat selection there stick?

Also with regards to WTP being used as WT does this happen the same? Can select at check in or before? Or have to be at airport with the check in but don’t get boarding pass trick?
Yes, the 8-a-breast is the way it comes over on Flub MMB. Selection is definitely not guaranteed to stick. I think I'm holding to my previous advice:
- select your preferred CW seat, OLCI for it, don't app/print the boarding pass
- keep an eye on seat selection / EF / ask here, in particular you need to consider what is happening in ET.
- when you are within a few hours of departure, and can see CW will fill up for sure, move to First and/or ask at check-in.
The above is the way to keep a good CW seat as well as staying in contention for Flub.

WTP is far more likely to be enabled, it doesn't have quite the same crew impact as First. It sometimes opens up earlier, notably T-72, but if showing at OLCI, and WT is filling up, G0 etc, then it's not a huge risk (if that's the right word, WT seats are much better than almost all shorthaul seating) to go for WTP.