FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied points for hotel stay - Citi booking
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:36 pm
SOWK

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Excuse my language, but this sounds like a load of nonsense.
That about sums it up.

I've had approximately 15 stays this year at various properties in Canada, US, and Asia. About 1/3 were booked through Amex FHR - all points posted automatically (the right amount too, based on my math).

The rest were booked through Virtuoso agent. A few posted without issue, most didn't, with front office needing to request an adjustment (in this case reward points posted but status points did not), and the famous case of 'this stay isn't eligible and all future stays will not earn points and we'll give you a courtesy adjustment this time only'.

The amount of time I've had to spend explaining to front office why the Virtuoso rate was eligible simply isn't worth it. I'd rather continue to book through my Virtuoso platform for any stay as my (minimal) Platinum benefits on property are still honoured, and the added benefit (breakfast, property credit, and welcome gift) outweigh the value of the points, by far.

I'll continue to stay at select Fairmont properties that I consider excellent, and where I've developed relationships with staff and management, but this last experience begging for points I was owed solidified that I will no longer chase status with such an 'incompetent' program.

Below is the email from 'Frank', should anyone be interested....

Good Day Mr. SOWK,

I trust this email finds you well.

After looking into the account, every instance you stayed at Fairmont where the booking was made through Virtuoso was ineligible based on the booking channel, not the rate. This is why Courtesy Reward points were offered.

Keep in mind that you are not receiving your Status points and nights for these bookings, which would determine your Status with the program for the following year.

Mister SOWK, it is certainly not our intention to deny any stay credits however, it is our duty to educate the member of the reasons why the stays are ineligible. That being said, any future stays made through Virtuoso will not earn any points or nights.

Please consider a different booking avenue to ensure your account gets credited accordingly in accordance with the programs General Conditions of Use.

For your recent stay at Fairmont Orchid, I have added 1916 Courtesy Reward points to the account based on the eligible spend at the hotel.

Thank you for your continued loyalty with us.

Regards,

Frank