FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spring Break in Park City, Utah, USA via Alaska Airlines
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:16 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Park City, Utah
Day Two

MrsWT73 slept in and took a day off from the hill. I headed up early and headed straight over to the Canyons for a fast day of skiing. The weather was a little greyer today and speedster skiing was in order being a Monday with less weekender crowds on the hill.

Despite the greyer weather, it was still a gorgeous day and I got my exercise.

At the end of the day, I checked the run tracker through the Vail Resorts App. I managed 40,750 vertical and 28 lifts. A personal best!! I was exhausted at end of the day.

After the day, I met up with MrsWT73 who had spent the afternoon clearing work emails. We managed a drive into the historic town and went out to Tiklea Mexican Restaurant for some tacos and great house made guacamole. One of the great things about visiting the United States is the fact that you can get terrific Mexican restaurants unlike anywhere else in the world; except for maybe Mexico.

We went out afterward to the No Name Saloon, a famous Park City establishment with lots of junk on the walls like at Applebees. It was a great way to end the day.