FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WN Cancellations Under Control?
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:28 am
NoStressHere
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by pgh234
The beginning of June is when WN officially cancelled a notable number of long haul flights to make up for the Max-8 grounding. In particular, in late April, I am aware PIT-LAS and PIT-LAX...among many other long hauls, were removed from the schedule from the first week of June onward. Before all of these long-haul flights were removed from the schedule at the beginning of June, I think it was simply an impossible task for WN to fly their April and May schedules with the # of aircraft that they had.

i.e....starting last week, it is simply organized pre-planned chaos now instead of unorganized.
I would totally agree that schedule movements now vs April/May have to be much better. They have learned, grown and figured out more ways to maximize their assets (planes and crew). And I bet at the same time, they have gotten much better at allowing free changes in flights by customers. In the "early" days of this, I think just about anyone could change flights at no charge even when not impacted by MAX8. Now I think they have gotten smarter.