FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied points for hotel stay - Citi booking
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:38 am
SOWK

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I booked a Virtuoso rate at The Fairmont Orchid and was denied points citing 'not an eligible rate'. When I emailed the property they were surprised, and I said I have booked multiple times at various properties without issue, since Virtuoso books the flexible available rate at hotel. Accor got back to me after a bit and said they would do a 'one time courtesy' and posted the points (not the right amount, of course).

Recently I booked a stay at The Pacific Rim using the same travel agent - points denied.

I suppose the most annoying aspect was at the Fairmont Orchid I actually used 6,000 points towards my stay at check-out. My simple logic with Accor was 'If I was able to redeem points towards the stay, wouldn't that conclude it was an eligible rate?'

Anyway... Accor status is not my cup of tea, and I'm going free agent next year. I can't believe Accor customer service is so stunned they were willing to risk losing a 30+ night/year Platinum (more than 5 consecutive years with Fairmont) over a few thousand points....

Oh, and they compared my Virtuoso travel agent to 'other online travel agencies and packages such as Priceline, Expedia, and Sunwing Vacations'.... ....