FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can’t believe this happened to me :( [Luggage Stolen While Checking in to Hotel]
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:55 pm
HMPS

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by david55
What a shame that you will change your plans over one thread about a stolen suitcase and a few pickpockets. Athens is an amazing vibrant history-rich city that I have stayed in and wandered dozens of times over the last 50 years and have NEVER had a negative experience. Never. What is described here could happen in any city in the world. The lesson learned is vigilance and knowledge.
Agree with you. These things happen all over. We have to be on guard with common sense behaviour. Met a couple in Rio, man lost his wallet on the beach at 10 AM ! Hardly any people around and was victim to "is this dropped ten US yours" ? Funny enough met the same cpl in Barcelona on the pedestrians only avenue . After chatting with him , asked him about his fancy camera. "Oh I lost it yesterday on this street . How ? "we were sitting on the steps here, put it right next to me to get something out of the backpack, next minute turned around and it was gone !" He was just not paying attention to where he was and how to look after his belonging.
So vj_Rama go to Athens, Rio, Rome , Mumbai etc and enjoy life & other cultures. These things happen all over, more some places than other....question of local economy & demographics.