FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help on figuring out what to do with my time (how long in each place?)
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:14 pm
rebelx

Originally Posted by KLouis
I'd certainly not skip Naples for Cinque Terre. There are so many things to see in the city, plus Pompei and Ercolano, a tour of the costiera amalfitana, Capri and Ischia, and so many more that I wonder whether one should no do 4 days and less of Bologna plus the other cities mentioned (vertainly San Marino: other than the real-looking guns sold everywhere and the view from the top, really not worth spending much time there).
Yikes, so it looks like I'd need to cut out Bologna, possibly in its entirety if I wanted to do the Naples and surrounding area visits? Maybe I could do 2 days in Bologna instead of the recommended 4, and then 2 in Naples. I am certain I'll be missing out on quite a bit, but as I am limited on time, I don't have much of an option. I can certainly day trip from either Bologna or Naples, as I am sure those two cities will have more inexpensive airbnb options. Maybe even a hostel, but I don't know if I'm comfortable to do that without making sure they have adequate security for my belongings (laptop, etc).