FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B737MAX Recertification - Archive
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:33 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by Newman55
"Bahrami (FAA) was reluctant to provide a timeline, but asked whether the plane would resume service this year or next, he said remarks by Boeing Chief Executive Officer Dennis Muilenburg projecting a return by the end of 2019 sounded correct."

A return by the end of the year could mean next week or it could mean December 31. Neither you or anyone else outside of the regulatory agencies know exactly (even they probably don't know). This is a political question as much of a technical one at this point.

I'm confused why it matters so much to people who never want to fly on the plane. <shrugs>
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
The FAA today said it'll be unlikely the MAX will be able to fly before December now.

It wouldn't shock me if UA dropped the equipment from their '19 schedules completely now.
I was quite excited to read this as I have one leg scheduled in early September on a 737MAX with UA. Still scheduled ☹

As someone who does not want to fly on the plane, removing it from one of my scheduled flights before the end of the year would be very welcomed by me.