FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Option for weekly commute Burbank-Palo Alto (Calif)
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:58 am
SS255

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Seph87
In that case it would be a no-brainer. I actually live a bit more central to both airports in Fairfax. On a good day I can get to LAX in about 35-40 mins, on a bad day, well....we all know how that goes. BUR is more consistently around 30 mins unless the 101 is really screwed.

I would avoid the CR2's at all cost since I am 6'5" and can be relatively flexible with my schedule. I would rather buy a J ticket with my own money on a mainline flight than travel for free on a CR2.
Ah, OK....Right! I assumed you lived in the Valley. Fairfax presents its own traffic challenges, but if you'll regularly be going against traffic over Laurel Canyon to BUR, I think that BUR has the edge over LAX (as long as you can avoid the CR2's ). I don't know how far ahead you'll be booking these itineraries, but you also have the option of flying out of LAX if upgrade chances look better for any particular flight. And if you're not parking at the airport, you can fly out of one airport and into another.