FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Choose a different flight or fare“ message on AA site
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:22 am
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Wanted to post another update, I just got another two tickets issued this week via phone when aa.com wouldn't let me buy a fare it was displaying.

I spent 52 minutes on the phone the first time talking to an agent and her supervisor in web services, they seemed to suggest that they could do the override, but after I was on hold for a bit, they came back with multiple excuses for why they couldn't--that the multi-city tool isn't supposed to be used for connecting flights, that inventory is phantom, that they don't have a tool that will let them do this, etc. I hung up and called again and found an agent that was willing to do the override for me--pro tip, even though the agent was very competent and willing to help me out, this was also a long call--31 minutes. This agent told me AACoRN wouldn't let her do it herself, so she built a PNR using Y inventory and put me on hold to have the Tariff desk fix it. The ticket got issued within minutes of hanging up. I don't think the agent got my e-mail address correct as I never got an e-mailed receipt, but I can see on AA.com that the ticket was issued and use the receipt printing tool from there. As an added bonus, there was C inventory available on my flight and I was able to call into the EP desk to get a mileage upgrade cleared.

Also, this week, I was able to get someone in the Executive Platinum desk to do it for me directly, however, she had to put me on hold and reach out to "her help desk" (I assume that means Tariff) to get the PNR set up. In this instance, I was on the phone with her for about an hour, I needed to hang up to go to a meeting. I told her I couldn't wait any longer on hold, so she gave me the PNR and said I could call in later with my form of payment to get the ticket issued, which I did about 3 hours later.

By the way, I'm now making nine weekend trips to Vail next ski season, so if anyone wants to hit the slopes with a fellow flyertalker, let me know!

Last edited by donotblink; Dec 27, 2019 at 12:05 pm Reason: corrected the spelling of AACoRN