FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - horrible experience with GA in TPA airport
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:13 am
omaralt

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
OP deserves a medal? For not knowing policies, starting a thread that rants, and saying he isn't violent but wanted to knock someone's teeth in?

I disagree. There are many cases when standing up to airline employees is legit. This is not one. Causing a scene at the gate because you have a child/children and couldn't plan ahead to take a few scoops of formula and a diaper out of a rollerboard into an under-seat carry on is just over the top.
lol i definitely dont deserve a medal.

I"m going to assume that the policy is that you gate check the bag to the final destination (but i would love to see this in writing somewhere). now had the agent said "i'm sorry sir, but we cannot check your carry on to charlotte. here is a plastic bag, please put your diapers and formula in this so you can carry it on the plane. again i really apologize but there is no room left" i would have probable went for it. however he was a huge <redacted by moderator>. blaming me for being late; even though he knew why (the ticket agent called ahead to let them know we were on the way" and honestly he seemed to take pleasure in knowing how much he was inconveniencing us; the smirk on his face said it all..

having said that i find it absurd that there are a decent amount of people who are ok with this policy. the only thing that i can think is you guys have a case of stockholm syndrome...

i mean think logically for a second. you have one carry on bag (forget the fact that there is a baby involved with diapers and formula) on an international trip. you have a 3 hour connection somewhere followed by an 8 hour flight. you think it's ok for AA to take your carry on and give it to you 10-12 hours later? headphones? toothbrush? all the things you expected to have in the next 12 hours or so will now be delivered to your final destination simply because they dont want to gate check it, even though they are perfectly capable of it?? if you think this is ok then you have been abused for far too long and need to seek therapy

and i completely understand that they want to get rid of hidden city ticketing; but how hard is it to log on and see your ticket? do you really think a family of 5 on an international trip is going to walk away in charlotte? lol

and again i really want to see this policy in writing

Last edited by JY1024; Aug 20, 2019 at 11:52 pm Reason: Redaction by moderator