FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade for points on LH
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:32 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I don't find it harder to do *A upgrade than *A award flights, so I'm not sure what you mean about it being difficult. As I read most of the posts here, they are around buying the bizz tickets directly instead of going through the upgrade or LH upgrade using miles & more or EB upgrades on SK metal. None of these are related to the *A upgrade.
People are recommending alternatives, as the value proposition of the *A upgrade from Y is pretty low. If not absolutely zero. Driven by the price of the tickets that are upgradable.

The value from PY is better, but SK does not include LH PY as an option at the moment. From J to F it is pretty good for corporate travellers who are usually in the flexible booking classes. Provided O availability shows up.
​​​​​​
As the *A upgrade and awards are looking at the same inventory, of course it is not more difficult to find space. But the underlying condition for the upgrade from Y or B makes it all the more unlikely to be fulfill the conditions of the upgrade.