FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GA gave away my seat before boarding even started
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:13 am
s0ssos

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I've been told (dont know for sure) an agent can look and see the last place a BP was scanned. This was nearly a decade ago, and agents knew how to use the full system and not just the worthless GUI. Thus cant say if this is still the case.
If you understand anything about scanners, that makes no sense. How can the piece of paper tell you where it was scanned? It cannot. The piece of paper called a boarding pass has no memory.
A system can tell you where it has seen the piece of paper, but it can only tell you where it has seen the piece of paper. It does not mean nobody else has seen it, it also does not mean someone else has seen it.

If you still do not understand how ridiculous your statement is just think of all the places that scan your boarding pass: lounge, including amex; priority pass restaurants. So you are saying someone can tell you all the places that boarding pass was scanned by, um, scanning the boarding pass?
I guess this piece of paper is even better than gps