FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - horrible experience with GA in TPA airport
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:16 pm
Antarius
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I know that short checking is not allowed, but certain things like wheelchairs, walkers, carseats etc are tagged, stowed in the hold and delivered at the jet bridge on landing .

Given a bag of baby food and diapers etc. Isnt that conceptually far off from the reason for a getting a car seat or booster seat back, why could this not be tagged as such?

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
You're either an AApologist, or you totally misread the entire OP. If someone has to kick and scream and put up a huge fight and get aggravated and deal with a nasty/rude AAgent making up his own policies, that isn't "getting what he wants" even if the supervisor ultimately resolved the dispute in his favor.

And AA management as well as the general public (i.e., the FlyerTalk community) ought to know about what happened, not that AA will care one lick or do a darn thing about it.
Exactly. I had a GA tell me i couldnt standby for a flight later. Another GA said since FC was "full" he wouldnt put me on the upgrade list.

The former was resolved by having to find another GA (ran out of time on the latter and voila, 2 pax misconnected), but expecting the pax to just shrug and accept making extra effort for basic, easily avoidable problems is not right.

Last edited by JY1024; Aug 20, 2019 at 11:51 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts